Overall purpose of the job
To assist the managing of the retail store, achieving budgets through excellent team motivation and customer service standards
* Deputise for the Store Manager as and when required.
* To actively support store management procedures and decision making, in line with Company policy.
* Maintain and encourage clear lines of communication within the store.
* Motivate the team through effective leadership and management.
* Assist the store team to deliver outstanding customer service and operational excellence.
* Deliver product relevant training and coaching staff on selling skills techniques.
* Ensure visual merchandising standards are maintained to the highest levels, within brand values.
* Agree store layout, with management, to reflect trading conditions and promotional activity.
* To be a brand ambassador achieving exceptional retail standards and promoting the brand within the locality.
* To comply with Company security procedures.
* Accurately undertake store administration as and when required.
* Ensure all Health & Safety regulations and Company procedures are adhered to and remedial action is taken if required.
* Undertake any other reasonable activity, as may be required by senior management
Skills & Experience:
* Experience in a similar retail supervisory role
* Understanding current market trends
* People management skills
* Acting with a professional and respectful manner to all individuals
* Effective delegation skills and ability to prioritise work activities
* Able to lead by example to motivate, generate commitment and enthusiasm within the team
* Able to develop team through training and coaching opportunities
* Excellent customer care and selling skills
* Able to analyse internal data and translate into actions
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build strong relationships internally and externally at all business levels
* Decision making skills
* Time Management for self and transferring organisation to team
* Information Technology skills including: EPOS systems, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet
* Understanding and implementation of visual merchandising
* Able to act as a keyholder for the store
* Has an appreciation of Barbour’s sporting heritage and its customers’ requirements
* May be required to work/ visit alternative locations
* To fulfil a personal development plan as set by store management
* Due to the store opening hours, this role will require the job holder to very flexible in their approach
Application for the role should be by submission of covering letter and full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, hand your current CV and cover letter in store, marked for the attention of the Store Manager.